Founded in 2015, Protect the Wild is a non-profit organisation working to empower people to protect British wildlife.
We do so by using multimedia to campaign on key issues, inform the public about wildlife matters, and support activists taking direct action in the field.
That’s why we say we Inform – Campaign – Support.
What we have
BELOW IS AN OVERVIEW OF SOME OF OUR WORK AND ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
2021 & 2022
- We won 2021 Campaigner of the Year Award in the Great Outdoors Magazine – Learn more
- The National Trust and several major landowners ended the licencing of hunts on their land – Learn more
- Our undercover investigation exposed the Beaufort Hunt shooting their hounds – Learn more
- We launched the Mini’s Law campaign and helped secure a criminal prosecution – Learn More
- We exposed hunts across the country who were awarded Covid grants – Learn More
- Our animation ‘A Trail of Lies’ narrated by Chris Packham was seen by over ½ million people – Learn More
- We supported 14 hunt saboteur and hunt monitor groups across the country in 2022 and more in 2023 – Learn More
- In 2022 we published an investigation into biosecurity breaches at a facility handling badger carcasses – Learn More
- With the Hunt Investigation Team we exposed the appalling conditions in pheasant pens on a shooting estate – Learn more
- We published a short animation on snares and the shooting industry that has now been viewed more than A MILLION times – Learn more
- We supported the Hunt Investigation Team with an exposé of conditions at the Border Hunt kennels – Learn more
- We launched a petition and information campaign to end ‘trail hunting’ on Ministry of Defence land – Learn more
- We commissioned and published proposed legislation (‘The Hunting of Mammals Bill’) that would see a Proper Ban on Hunting – Learn more
- We published an animation voiced by Dr Amir Khan on stag hunting to support our Proper Ban on Hunting campaign – Learn more
- We launched Protectors of the Wild, a free resource packed with over 400 FAQs, to help us all recognise wildlife crime – Learn more
- In July we started publishing on Substack: our newsletters are now viewed over 900k TIMES A MONTH! – Learn more
- In September we helped a community appeal in Saltdean, East Sussex, to buy land for badgers – Learn more
- In September we launched a series of posts from inside hunting and shooting: The Secret Monitor – Learn more
- We launched a series of petitions warning councils of the risks of allowing Hunts to parade on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day – Learn more
- We published an animation ‘The Forgotten Foxhounds’ on the deliberate killing of hounds by hunts: almost TWO MILLION people have watched it – Learn more
Our Equipment Fund
is making a difference too
WE COULDN’T HAVE DONE HALF OF WHAT WE HAVE WITHOUT YOUR INCREDIBLE SUPPORT. THANKYOU
Our supporters are part of a growing movement in this country and our voices are being heard.
Together we are having a considerable impact and we will do everything we can to ensure 2024 is an even better one for wildlife.